James Bond Island in Phang Nga Bay is undoubtedly one of the most delightful Islands in South of Thailand. The larger parts of the visitors who visit James Bond Island come from Phuket, Thailand which is just a few hours from bus ride far from Phang Nga National Park where it is located.
Major Attraction of the Island
The island is popular for its rocky pinnacle rising from the sea and it truly is a spectacular sight. The best way to enjoy the island is from the comfort of your Thailand bareboat charter. Here is all about James Bond Island Tours.
All about the James Bond Island
- Location - James Bond Island is situated in Phang Nga Bay, North-East part of Phuket.
- Original Name - Originally named Ko Khao Phing Kan, today it is prominently known as James Bond Island, even by the local people, as it was featured in the super hit James Bond movie called The Man with the Golden Gun.
- Distance - At a distance of about 130 km from Ko Khao Phing Kan stands a 66 feet tall islet known as Khao Tapu or Ko Tapu. This tall islet, made of limestone, is an integral part of the Ao Phang Nga National Park.
- Uniqueness - The rock pinnacle with its signature shape of broad at the top and narrow towards the bottom is an example of Mother Nature’s Work at its best. Due to its distinctive yet precarious shape boats are not allowed too close to the island.
- Best View - The boats, as well as a small beach Koh Ping Ghan, are the best places from which to view James Bond Island.
- Activities - Koh Ping Ghan additionally has some natural’s wonders to offer excited tourists. There is a high leaning rock, inside which one can explore caves. Additionally, it also has many open stalls from where shopping lovers can buy some souvenirs.